Peggsto Avocado Toast
|Active time: 10 min||Cook time: 3-6 min||Serves: 1|
Green eggs (hold the ham) are now possible thanks to the latest TikTok trend, peggsto... eggs fried in pesto. The oil from the pesto keeps the eggs from sticking to the pan. Its the perfect way to elevate the flavor in your breakfast without using additional ingredients.
- 1 slice artisan bread (We used wheat!)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbs. pesto
- Salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 slices prosciutto, optional
- Red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Place bread slice in the Revolution toaster.
- If you have the Revolution InstaGLO® R270 Toaster, select 'artisan bread' and desired level of toastyness. (If your toaster does not have the 'artisan bread' setting, select the basic 'bread' setting).
- Add 2 Tbs. pesto into a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Crack egg into heated pesto and cook for about 3 minutes (lid on). Season to taste with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Top toast with sliced avocado. Add fried egg and prosciutto over top.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
Substitute the pesto for chili oil to kick up the heat! Enjoy.
SHARE IT WITH US.
Have you made Peggsto Avocado Toast with your Revolution InstaGLO® Toaster with Revolution Panini Press? Post a photo on Instagram and tag @RevCooking!