|Active time: 20 min||Cook time: 10 min||Serves: 2-4|
Shakshuka is a traditional North African and Middle Eastern dish consisting of onion, garlic, tomato, bell pepper, and a variety of spices. We decided to spice it up even more by adding this overtop a traditional avocado toast for the perfect hearty breakfast. We guarantee you'll be making this one again... and again.
- 2 slices artisan bread
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 yellow or white onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 14 oz. canned Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 2-4 eggs
- Salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbs. parsley, chopped
- Place bread slices in the Revolution toaster.
- If you have the Revolution InstaGLO® R270 Toaster, select 'artisan bread' and desired level of toastyness. (If your toaster does not have the 'artisan bread' setting, select the basic 'bread' setting.)
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Add peppers and onions, sauté until onions become translucent.
- Add spices and garlic, sauté one additional minute.
- Add can of Roma tomatoes, including juice. Crush tomatoes with spoon and stir to combine. Bring sauce to a boil.
- Using your spoon, make 2-3 wells in the sauce (depending on how many eggs you want).
- Crack eggs into each well, season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Top toast with avocado slices, Shakshuka sauce, and cooked egg.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
Add red pepper flakes to turn up the heat. Enjoy!
SHARE IT WITH US.
Have you made Shakshuka Avocado Toast with your Revolution InstaGLO® Toaster with Revolution Panini Press? Post a photo on Instagram and tag @RevCooking!