The Rise & Shine: Traditional Breakfast Sandwich
|Active time: 5 min
|Cook time: 5 min
You know what makes getting out of bed in the morning a little easier? Yes, coffee. That’s number one. But coming in a close second is a warm, melty breakfast sandwich. Wrap it in a napkin and take it on the road or sit and enjoy. Because breakfast is the most important meal of the day. So, why not make it the most delicious, too? (But, yes, we give you full permission to eat this for lunch and dinner, too.)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. butter
- 2 slices white bread or English Muffin
- 2 slices white American cheese
- 2 slices cooked bacon, optional
- Ketchup and hot sauce for dipping
- In a small bowl, beat egg until blended, season with salt and pepper.
- In a small non-stick skillet over medium heat, add butter until it melts and the bottom of the skillet is coated. Pour in egg mixture, swirling around the skillet to coat. As edges start to cook, use a spatula to push cooked egg to center, swirl the pan so the uncooked egg fills empty spaces. Cook for 1 minute or until set, flip over with spatula. Cook for 1 minute more. Set aside.
- Place the slices of bread side by side. Press a slice of cheese on each piece of bread. On one piece of bread, add a layer of bacon, tearing in half to fit, then layer the omelet (folding to fit within the shape of the bread).
- Place the remaining slice of bread on top with the cheese on the inside and press the sandwich together.
- Now place it in the Toastie Press and close and lock the press. Wipe around the outside of the press to clean off any drips with a paper towel.
- Place the filled Toastie Press into the right slot of your Revolution Toaster with the handles facing out.
Now make your next selection based on the model you have:
- Serve with a side of ketchup or hot sauce if you’re a dipper. We also like to pair this with some sliced fruit. Enjoy!
SHARE IT WITH US.
Have you made the The Rise & Shine in your Revolution InstaGLO® Toaster with Revolution Panini Press? Post a photo on Instagram and tag @RevCooking!
Recipe credit: Chef Tara Holland
Introducing the Revolution Toastie Press
Because big appliances are a big pain.
We’re going to assume we don’t need to sell you on the idea of a toastie. Who doesn’t love the melty-deliciousness of a pressed sandwich, right? But big appliances are, well, a big pain. You need to lug them out, they can be hard to clean and they take up valuable counter space. This toastie attachment is our solution: Simple, compact and super easy to use it gives you the sandwiches you love, minus the mess and hassle you don’t.
- Heats up quickly: Deliver the toastie of your dreams in seconds not minutes. (Learn more about our safe, eco-friendly InstaGLO technology here!)
- Easy to clean: Wipe down with a sponge or pop it in the dishwasher.
- Small footprint: Stash it with your coffee, in your bread box or just sit it in the toaster when not in use.