The Kickin' Catch: Spicy Tuna Melt
|Active time: 5 min||Cook time: 6 min||Serves: 1|
Can’t stand the heat? Get out of the kitchen. Sorry, we had to get that out of the way. Okay, now, let’s talk tuna. Spicy tuna. Spicy tuna with melty cheddar cheese. Pardon us, we’re swooning a bit as we write. We have long been fans of the open-faced tuna melt, but this twist on a beloved classic makes our hearts beat a little faster. Sure, maybe it’s the hot sauce, but whew. This sandwich is hot stuff. Delicious and protein-packed, it delivers a satisfying kick with every bite. (Into more of a gentle pat? Reduce the spice in half skip by skipping the hot sauce or jalapeños.
- 3 Tbsp. canned tuna in olive oil, drained
- 2 Tbsp. scallions, chopped
- ½ tsp. hot sauce
- 2 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. pickled jalapeño slices, drained and patted dry
- 1 multigrain sandwich bread, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. ranch dressing or mayonnaise, plus more for dipping
- 3 Tbsp. canned or frozen sweet corn, thawed and drained
- In a small bowl, combine tuna, sweet corn, scallions, ranch (or mayonnaise), and hot sauce. Set aside.
- Next, split open the sandwich bread and place the top and bottom side by side.
- Place a piece of cheese into each half, folding in to make sure there is no overhang.
- On the bottom half, spoon tuna mixture onto the center, spreading to the edge. Top with 1 to 2 tablespoons jalapeño slices, depending on spice tolerance.
- Add the sandwich top (with the cheese on the inside), pressing carefully to sandwich together.
- Now place it in the Toastie Press and close and lock the press. Wipe around the outside of the press to clean off any drips with a paper towel.
- Place the filled Toastie Press into the right slot of your Revolution Toaster with the handles facing out.
Now make your next selection based on the model you have:
Serve with chips and ranch or mayo for dipping. Cut in half and enjoy!
SHARE IT WITH US.
Have you made the The Kickin' Catch in your Revolution InstaGLO® Toaster with Revolution Toastie Press? Post a photo on Instagram and tag @RevCooking!
Recipe credit: Chef Tara Holland
Introducing the Revolution Toastie Press
Because big appliances are a big pain.
We’re going to assume we don’t need to sell you on the idea of a toastie. Who doesn’t love the melty-deliciousness of a pressed sandwich, right? But big appliances are, well, a big pain. You need to lug them out, they can be hard to clean and they take up valuable counter space. This toastie attachment is our solution: Simple, compact and super easy to use it gives you the sandwiches you love, minus the mess and hassle you don’t.
- Heats up quickly: Deliver the toastie of your dreams in seconds not minutes. (Learn more about our safe, eco-friendly InstaGLO technology here!)
- Easy to clean: Wipe down with a sponge or pop it in the dishwasher.
- Small footprint: Stash it with your coffee, in your bread box or just sit it in the toaster when not in use.
Faster. Smarter. Tastier.