Little Luigi: Crispy Prosciutto Caprese Pita Pocket
|Active time: 5 min||Cook time: 3 min||Serves: 1|
Think being a good cook is all about fresh ingredients, making food with love, and planning? Nope, it’s all about how you present it. Here we’ll show you.
The setup: It’s your turn to make dinner. You don’t feel like making dinner. So, sandwich night it is. Now let’s explore two ways of presenting your decision. (Which we totally respect by the way. Who doesn’t love sandwich night, right?)
Kid: Hey, Dad, what’s for dinner?
Dad: Ham and cheese sandwiches.
Kid: Cool, I’m going to go play video games ‘til they’re ready.
Kid: Hey, Dad, what’s for dinner?
Dad: Crispy Prosciutto Caprese Pita Pocket!
Kid: Wow, Dad, I never knew you were a man of so many talents! You are and will always be my hero.
Okay, reality: This conversation will never happen. But without much more effort than a ham and cheese sandwich, you’ve got yourself a fancy Italian dinner. Swap deli ham for prosciutto, American for mozzarella, iceberg for basil and bam! Let the compliments roll in. Would a rose by any other name smell as sweet? Clearly, we have proven otherwise.
- 2 slices prosciutto
- 1 white pita pocket
- 4 thin slices fresh mozzarella
- 4 thin slices plum tomato, patted dry with a paper towel
- 3 Tbsp. fresh basil leaves , torn
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Basil pesto sauce for dipping
- On a microwaveable plate, place 2 slices of prosciutto. Cook on high for 1 minute. If it’s not crispy enough, continue in 10-second increments until you reach your desired crispiness. Set aside.
- With a sharp knife or pair of scissors, cut off the top quarter of the pita pocket and discard. Carefully open the pita pocket.
- Place 2 slices of mozzarella against each side of the pita, placing the prosciutto, tomato, and basil within the two layers of cheese. Sprinkle with black pepper. Press the pita to close.
- Now put it in the Toastie Press and close and lock the press. Wipe around the outside of the press to clean off any drips with a paper towel.
- Place the filled Toastie Press into the right slot of your Revolution Toaster with the handles facing out.
Now make your next selection based on the model you have:
- Serve alongside basil pesto sauce for dipping and enjoy!
SHARE IT WITH US.
Have you made the Little Luigi in your Revolution InstaGLO® Toaster with Revolution Toastie Press? Post a photo on Instagram and tag @RevCooking!
Recipe credit: Chef Tara Holland
Introducing the Revolution Toastie Press
Because big appliances are a big pain.
We’re going to assume we don’t need to sell you on the idea of a toastie. Who doesn’t love the melty-deliciousness of a pressed sandwich, right? But big appliances are, well, a big pain. You need to lug them out, they can be hard to clean and they take up valuable counter space. This toastie attachment is our solution: Simple, compact and super easy to use it gives you the sandwiches you love, minus the mess and hassle you don’t.
- Heats up quickly: Deliver the panini of your dreams in seconds not minutes. (Learn more about our safe, eco-friendly InstaGLO technology here!)
- Easy to clean: Wipe down with a sponge or pop it in the dishwasher.
- Small footprint: Stash it with your coffee, in your bread box or just sit it in the toaster when not in use.
Faster. Smarter. Tastier.