The Commuter: Breakfast Triangle Fold Toasterdilla
|Active time: 5 min||Cook time: 3-6 min||Serves: 1|
We get it. Commuting sucks. But you know what makes it better? A delicious breakfast sandwich you can take on the go. And yes, we count “commuting” as walking from your kitchen to your home office. Just keep your eyes on the road. Or, you know, the stairs. We recommending serving it with a side of sports radio.
- 1 (12-inch) flour tortilla
- ½ packed cup shredded Mexican Cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 slices bacon
- 4 slices avocado
- 1 tsp. butter, optional
- Salsa Verde for dipping
- Heat a large skillet pan over medium/high heat.
- Lay 2 slices of bacon into the pan. Cook the bacon for 4-5 minutes on each side for a perfectly cooked piece of bacon to your desired crispness.
- Set aside on a paper towel to soak up excess grease.
- Next, in a small bowl, beat egg until blended, season with salt and pepper.
- In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, add butter until it melts and the bottom of the skillet is coated.
- Pour in egg mixture, swirling around the skillet to coat. As edges start to cook, use a spatula to push cooked egg to center, and swirl the pan so the uncooked egg fills empty spaces.
- Cook for 1 minute or until set, and flip over with spatula. Cook for 1 minute more.
- Set aside.
Now build your quesadilla. We recommend a maximum of 4 ingredients or less for optimal toast through.
- Add fillings in four sections
- Next, it’s time to fold.
- Starting at the bottom by the slit, fold one section over the other section and continue around until it makes one triangle quartered shape.
For detailed instructions lean how to fold a Triangle Toasterdilla HERE
- Now put it in the Toastie Press and close and lock the press. Wipe around the outside of the press to clean off any drips with a paper towel.
- Place the filled Toastie Press into the right slot of your Revolution Toaster with the handles facing out.
Now make your next selection based on the model you have:
- Serve with sour cream and/or salsa. Enjoy!
SHARE IT WITH US.
Have you made the The Commuter in your Revolution InstaGLO® Toaster with Revolution Toastie Press? Post a photo on Instagram and tag @RevCooking!
Introducing the Revolution Toastie Press
Because big appliances are a big pain.
We’re going to assume we don’t need to sell you on the idea of a toastie. Who doesn’t love the melty-deliciousness of a pressed sandwich, right? But big appliances are, well, a big pain. You need to lug them out, they can be hard to clean and they take up valuable counter space. This toastie attachment is our solution: Simple, compact and super easy to use it gives you the sandwiches you love, minus the mess and hassle you don’t.
- Heats up quickly: Deliver the toastie of your dreams in seconds not minutes. (Learn more about our safe, eco-friendly InstaGLO technology here!)
- Easy to clean: Wipe down with a sponge or pop it in the dishwasher.
- Small footprint: Stash it with your coffee, in your bread box or just sit it in the toaster when not in use.
Faster. Smarter. Tastier.