|Active time: 5 min||Cook time: 3-6 min||Serves: 1|
Quesadillas. A classic Mexican dish that has remained a staple since the 16th century, and for good reason. While they’re traditionally warmed on a griddle, what if we told you that you could make an ooey gooey quesadilla without the greasy mess of a stove? Inspired by Tex-Mex cuisine, this tasty “toasterdilla” recipe will not only satisfy your cheese cravings but will also make a crowd pleasing Cinco de Mayo appetizer or tasty lunch that anyone can enjoy.
- 1(12-inch) flour tortilla
- 1/2 packed cup shredded three cheese Mexican blend
- 3 oz black beans
- 2 oz corn, canned or fresh
- 1/4 red pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp. green onion
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 1 tsp. butter
- Salsa verde or sour cream for dipping
- In a small skillet over medium heat, add tsp of butter until melted.
- Add corn, onion, olives, and pepper to pan and cook until soft.
- In two quadrants across from one another, place a handful of cheese on the tortilla.
- Add the cooked mixture of onions, olive, and pepper to one pile of cheese and chopped green onion to the other.
- Fold one side to the center of the tortilla and do the same on the other side.
- Bring the bottom half up to meet the top and fold the tortilla in the center.
- Now place it in the Toastie Press and close and lock the press. Wipe around the outside of the press to clean off any drips with a paper towel.
- Place the filled Toastie Press into the right slot of your Revolution Toaster with the handles facing out.
Now make your next selection based on the model you have:
Serve with salsa verde or sour cream for dipping. Slice in half and enjoy!
SHARE IT WITH US.
Have you made the Tres Amigos in your Revolution InstaGLO® Toaster with Revolution Toastie Press? Post a photo on Instagram and tag @RevCooking!
Introducing the Revolution Toastie Press
Because big appliances are a big pain.
We’re going to assume we don’t need to sell you on the idea of a toastie. Who doesn’t love the melty-deliciousness of a pressed sandwich, right? But big appliances are, well, a big pain. You need to lug them out, they can be hard to clean and they take up valuable counter space. This panini attachment is our solution: Simple, compact and super easy to use it gives you the sandwiches you love, minus the mess and hassle you don’t.
- Heats up quickly: Deliver the toastie of your dreams in seconds not minutes. (Learn more about our safe, eco-friendly InstaGLO technology here!)
- Easy to clean: Wipe down with a sponge or pop it in the dishwasher.
- Small footprint: Stash it with your coffee, in your bread box or just sit it in the toaster when not in use.
Faster. Smarter. Tastier.