Tres Amigos: Three Cheese Black Bean Toasterdilla
|Active time: 5 min||Cook time: 3-6 min||Serves: 1|
Quesadillas. A classic Mexican dish that has remained a staple since the 16th century, and for good reason. While they’re traditionally warmed on a griddle, what if we told you that you could make an ooey gooey quesadilla without the greasy mess of a stove? Inspired by Tex-Mex cuisine, this tasty “toasterdilla” recipe will not only satisfy your cheese cravings but will also make a crowd pleasing Cinco de Mayo appetizer or tasty lunch that anyone can enjoy.
- 1(12-inch) flour tortilla
- 1/2 packed cup shredded three cheese Mexican blend
- 3 oz black beans
- 2 oz corn, canned or fresh
- 1/4 red pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp. green onion
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 1 tsp. butter
- Salsa verde or sour cream for dipping
- In a small skillet over medium heat, add tsp of butter until melted.
- Add corn, onion, olives, and pepper to pan and cook until soft.
- In two quadrants across from one another, place a handful of cheese on the tortilla.
- Add the cooked mixture of onions, olive, and pepper to one pile of cheese and chopped green onion to the other.
- Fold one side to the center of the tortilla and do the same on the other side.
- Bring the bottom half up to meet the top and fold the tortilla in the center.
- Now place it in the panini press and close and lock the press. Wipe around the outside of the press to clean off any drips with a paper towel.
- Place the filled Panini Press into the right slot of your Revolution Toaster with the handles facing out.
Serve with salsa verde or sour cream for dipping. Slice in half and enjoy!
SHARE IT WITH US.
Have you made the Tres Amigos in your Revolution InstaGLO® Toaster with Revolution Panini Press? Post a photo on Instagram and tag @RevCooking!
Introducing the Revolution Panini Press
Because big appliances are a big pain.
We’re going to assume we don’t need to sell you on the idea of a panini. Who doesn’t love the melty-deliciousness of a pressed sandwich, right? But big appliances are, well, a big pain. You need to lug them out, they can be hard to clean and they take up valuable counter space. This panini attachment is our solution: Simple, compact and super easy to use it gives you the sandwiches you love, minus the mess and hassle you don’t.
- Heats up quickly: Deliver the panini of your dreams in seconds not minutes. (Learn more about our safe, eco-friendly InstaGLO technology here!)
- Easy to clean: Wipe down with a sponge or pop it in the dishwasher.
- Small footprint: Stash it with your coffee, in your bread box or just sit it in the toaster when not in use.
Faster. Smarter. Tastier.