|Active time: 5 min||Cook time: 6 min||Serves: 1|
We ooh-la-LOVE this grilled cheese! Think Croque-Monsieurs if you swap the ham for caramelized onions and the Gruyère for Swiss. That said, we’re pretty cheese-agnostic so you do you. You could even throw in a Kraft single and call it … “An American in Paris!” But we do think that a mild, nutty Swiss is a nice counterpoint for the dipping sauce. And p.s. If you just made a roast and happen to have some homemade “au jus” gold star for you! Otherwise, you can buy pre-made “Au Jus” at your supermarket—look in the soup aisle.
- 2 slices Sourdough
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/2 yellow onion
- Butter/olive oil for sauteing (1/2 tbsp)
- Half-cup “Au Jus” for dipping
- Melt some butter or olive oil over medium heat in a skillet.
- Add your thinly chopped onion and cook until brown and tender (about 5-7 mins)
- Take off the heat and set to the side.
- On the first slice layer Swiss cheese/caramelized onion/swiss cheese
- Now close it up with the other piece of bread. See how easy that was?
- Now put it in the panini press and close and lock the press. Wipe around the outside of the press to clean off any drips with a paper towel.
- Place the filled Panini Press into the right slot of your Revolution Toaster with the handles facing out.
Now make your next selection based on the model you have:
- Serve with a small bowl of Au Jus and chips or a side salad
SHARE IT WITH US.
Have you made the The Cheesy Parisian in your Revolution InstaGLO® Toaster with Revolution Panini Press? Post a photo on Instagram and tag @RevCooking!
Introducing the Revolution Panini Press
Because big appliances are a big pain.
We’re going to assume we don’t need to sell you on the idea of a panini. Who doesn’t love the melty-deliciousness of a pressed sandwich, right? But big appliances are, well, a big pain. You need to lug them out, they can be hard to clean and they take up valuable counter space. This panini attachment is our solution: Simple, compact and super easy to use it gives you the sandwiches you love, minus the mess and hassle you don’t.
- Heats up quickly: Deliver the panini of your dreams in seconds not minutes. (Learn more about our safe, eco-friendly InstaGLO technology here!)
- Easy to clean: Wipe down with a sponge or pop it in the dishwasher.
- Small footprint: Stash it with your coffee, in your bread box or just sit it in the toaster when not in use.
Faster. Smarter. Tastier.