What You Need:
- Revolution Toastie Press™ Accessory
- 1 tsp. softened unsalted butter
- 2 slices white bread
- 1/2 packed cup (2 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (1.5 oz.) canned baked beans (Bush's Best original), excess juice drained
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Cherry tomato salad (optional)
Who Created It:
- Tara Holland
Tara Holland is a British mom of two teenage girls residing in Brooklyn. She changed her successful career midlife from the corporate financial world to follow her culinary dream and graduated with honors from the Institute of Culinary Education in 2017. She went on to become an assistant food editor at Rachael Ray Every Day magazine and is now a freelance recipe developer, writer, and recipe tester for a variety of brands, such as the New York Times, NBC, The Kitchn, Food 52, and Anova Culinary.
How To Make It:
Honoring the name "Toastie Press" with this awesome English recipe! A classic British cheese toastie with beans. Can't get much more straightforward and delicious than this!
- Spread ½ tsp. butter on each slice of bread. Divide the shredded cheese equally between the two pieces of bread, pressing the cheese to stick to the butter to entirely cover the bread.
- In a small bowl, stir to combine the baked beans with the Worcestershire sauce and spoon into the center of one slice of bread.
- Carefully flip the other piece of bread, cheese side down, to close the sandwich. Press firmly to flatten and seal the sandwich together.
- Now place it in the panini press and close and lock the press. Wipe around the outside of the press to clean off any drips with a paper towel.
- Place in any toaster and wait for it to cook!
- OR: Place the filled Toastie Press into the right slot of your Revolution Toaster with the handles facing out.
- Select Bread
- Toggle Panini Mode ON
- Select level 6 or 7
- Press Start
- Repeat cycle to ensure maximum meltiness and cooked interior
- Cut diagonally and enjoy your cheese and beans toastie!
SHARE IT WITH US.
Have you made Tara's Cheese Toastie with your Revolution Toastie Press? Post a photo on Instagram and tag @RevCooking!
Introducing the Revolution Toastie Press
Because big appliances are a big pain.
We’re going to assume we don’t need to sell you on the idea of a panini. Who doesn’t love the melty-deliciousness of a pressed sandwich, right? But big appliances are, well, a big pain. You need to lug them out, they can be hard to clean and they take up valuable counter space. This Toastie Press attachment is our solution: Simple, compact and super easy to use it gives you the sandwiches you love, minus the mess and hassle you don’t.
- Heats up quickly: Deliver the toastie of your dreams in seconds not minutes. (Learn more about our safe, eco-friendly InstaGLO technology here!)
- Easy to clean: Wipe down with a sponge or pop it in the dishwasher.
- Small footprint: Stash it with your coffee, in your bread box or just sit it in the toaster when not in use.
Faster. Smarter. Tastier.