What You Need:
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tsp. salt
- 3/4 c olive oil (not extra virgin)
- 2 Tsp. chipotle pepper sauce (more to taste)
- Bread of your choice
- Chipotle mayo
- 1/2 c Oaxaca cheese (shredded)
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 avocado (sliced)
- Grounded back pepper
Who Created It:
- Monica Mannion
Monica is a chef and culinary content creator who lives in Pennsylvania, USA. She is originally from Mexico City. Her love for gastronomy has improved and grown in the international culinary field. Her life experience has given her the opportunity to live and learn different cultures from South America, Asia, Africa and Europe, but above all the Mexican cuisine that she carries in her blood. She is an expert in contemporary Mexican dishes and traditional Mexican bakery. However, culinary fusions are a hallmark that distinguish her. After several professional courses in different countries, she decided to study contemporary cuisine at "The Cookery School of Cambridge” in England. It was there that she discovered her love for teaching. Monica teaches private classes, both virtual and in person. She has been a lecturer at gastronomic events and culinary art schools. Additionally, her time in different countries allowed her to work as a private chef for several diplomats. Monica’s great charisma and desire to share her knowledge has driven her to open the door to social networks such as Instagram and TikTok, where in a very short time she has grown a bilingual audience who loves to cook. Her goal is to create content that inspires her followers to love their kitchen.
How To Make It:
Nothing is better than a good chipotle mayo sauce... nobody can disagree! This Mexican Chipotle toastie gives you that yummy sauce with Oaxaca cheese, originated from Mexico. And to top off your warm sandwich, some beautifully sliced avocado.
- Prepare the chipotle mayonnaise by adding the egg, Dijon mustard, garlic, lime juice, salt and chipotle pepper sauce to a jar or food processor
- Mix well- add the oil a little at a time while still blending to avoid the mayonnaise to curd, the consistency should be creamy
- Spread the chipotle mayo on both bread slices and add the shredded Oaxaca cheese on top of one slice and cover with the other
- Put the sandwich inside the Revolution Toastie Press and close it well. Choose toast level to your liking for ultimate cheese pull!
- Once out, immediately add the avocado slices on top and some grounded black pepper
Pull apart & enjoy!
SHARE IT WITH US.
Have you made the Mexican Chipotle Toastie with your Revolution Toastie Press? Post a photo on Instagram and tag @RevCooking!
Introducing the Revolution Toastie Press
Because big appliances are a big pain.
We’re going to assume we don’t need to sell you on the idea of a panini. Who doesn’t love the melty-deliciousness of a pressed sandwich, right? But big appliances are, well, a big pain. You need to lug them out, they can be hard to clean and they take up valuable counter space. This Toastie Press attachment is our solution: Simple, compact and super easy to use it gives you the sandwiches you love, minus the mess and hassle you don’t.
- Heats up quickly: Deliver the toastie of your dreams in seconds not minutes. (Learn more about our safe, eco-friendly InstaGLO technology here!)
- Easy to clean: Wipe down with a sponge or pop it in the dishwasher.
- Small footprint: Stash it with your coffee, in your bread box or just sit it in the toaster when not in use.
Faster. Smarter. Tastier.