Article: The Sasha: Standard Grilled Cheese
The Sasha: Standard Grilled Cheese
|Active time: 5 min||Cook time: 3 min||Serves: 1|
Grilled cheese. Those two words, so simple and universally recognized, yet so disrespectful to bread. We won't get into our beef with the fact that one does not simply grill straight-up cheese, but rather, we're here to report that you no longer even need a grill!
From this day forward, a more accurate name may be Toasted Cheese. But at Revolution, we call it The Sasha, after one of our team member's granddaughter, who pioneered the testing of our panini press on this delicious childhood favorite.
That's right, this recipe is kid-tested, grandpa-approved.
Here's how you can make The Sasha in your toaster, and how you can level-it-up if you're feeling a bit fanciful. Get ready for the perfect, crispy-on-the-outside, warm-and-melty-on-the-inside grilled cheese, in a fraction of the time, with far less clutter and cleanup. Let's start!
- 2 slices white bread
- 2 slices sharp cheddar
- 1 tsp. softened butter (optional)
- Place the slices of bread side by side. Press a slice of cheese on each piece of bread. Place one slice of bread on top of the other with the cheese on the inside and press the sandwich together. Lightly spread butter on both sides of the sandwich, if using.
- Now place it in the Toastie Press and close and lock the press. Wipe around the outside of the press to clean off any drips with a paper towel.
- Place the filled Toastie Press into the right slot of your Revolution Toaster with the handles facing out.
Now make your next selection based on the model you have:
Once the toasting cycle completes, carefully remove the Toastie press from the toaster and allow the sandwich to sit for 1 to 2 minutes. Cut in half and enjoy!
FOR YOUR NEXT ONE, LEVEL IT UP.
- Swap out your cheese to one that melts well: Gruyere, Port Salut, goat cheese, blue cheese, Brie, smoked provolone, Gouda, Camembert, Asiago, Fontina.
- Add an additional filling or two: Hot pepper jelly, sliced pickles, spicy peppers: e.g., peppadew and pepperoncini, sliced pear, halved grapes, pickled red onion, potato chips, orange marmalade, honey, Marmite, caramelized onion jam, or any deli meat.
- Upgrade your bread: Use sourdough or any artisan bread.
- Dip it: heat up a bowl of grilled cheese's favorite companion, tomato soup, and dip generously.
SHARE IT WITH US.
Have you made a grilled cheese in with your Revolution InstaGLO® Toaster with Revolution Toastie Press? Post a photo on Instagram and tag @RevCooking!
Recipe credit: Chef Tara Holland
Introducing the Revolution Toastie Press
Because big appliances are a big pain.
We’re going to assume we don’t need to sell you on the idea of a toastie. Who doesn’t love the melty-deliciousness of a pressed sandwich, right? But big appliances are, well, a big pain. You need to lug them out, they can be hard to clean and they take up valuable counter space. This toastie attachment is our solution: Simple, compact and super easy to use it gives you the sandwiches you love, minus the mess and hassle you don’t.
- Heats up quickly: Deliver the toastie of your dreams in seconds not minutes. (Learn more about our safe, eco-friendly InstaGLO technology here!)
- Easy to clean: Wipe down with a sponge or pop it in the dishwasher.
- Small footprint: Stash it with your coffee, in your bread box or just sit it in the toaster when not in use.
Faster. Smarter. Tastier.