|Active time: 5 min||Cook time: 6 min||Serves: 1|
What's better than Thanksgiving leftovers? Thanksgiving leftovers in a sandwich, that's what.
When we first tested this Aprés Turkey Day toaster hack, it was so good that we were forced to ask ourselves, why live life with limits? Indeed, this recipe can make any day of year worthy of celebration, hence the anytime-of-year moniker. Now onto the recipe:
To start, we highly recommend pre-sliced soft Italian sliced bread, as it gives the perfect surface area for the layers of festive fillings, but any soft bread would work. We’ve calculated enough stuffing mixture for two sandwiches, because if you don’t create food envy within your household (Warning: you will), then you will definitely want another sandwich within 24 hours. Just pop any leftover stuffing in a Ziplock bag and keep in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
- 6 Tbsp. stove Top turkey or chicken stuffing mix (dry)
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 slices of soft white bread
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 large slice of deli roasted turkey or 3 small slices
- 1 Tbsp. cranberry sauce
- 2 slices bacon, cooked
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Baked home fries for serving
- Store-bought Home-Style turkey or chicken gravy for dipping
- In a small microwaveable bowl, mix together the stuffing mix and butter with 5 tablespoons of hot water. Stir until combined and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir again. Allow to cool slightly for 1 minute.
- Place the slices of bread side by side. Press 1 slice of cheese on each piece of bread. On one slice of cheese, spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise to the edges. Add the turkey (folding to fit within the bread, if necessary), cranberry sauce, and bacon. Generously season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper. On the other slice of bread, spread 3 tablespoons of the stuffing on top of the cheese, placing on top, with the stuffing and cheese on the side. Press the sandwich tightly together to keep it as compact as possible.
- Now place it in the panini press and close and lock the press. Wipe around the outside of the press to clean off any drips with a paper towel.
- Place the filled Panini Press into the right slot of your Revolution Toaster with the handles facing out.
Now make your next selection based on the model you have:
Serve with gravy for dipping and enjoy!
Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on the outside of the sandwich before toasting for an extra toasty exterior.
SHARE IT WITH US.
Have you made a sandwich in with your Revolution InstaGLO® Toaster with Revolution Panini Press? Post a photo on Instagram and tag @RevCooking!
Recipe credit: Chef Tara Holland
Introducing the Revolution Panini Press
Because big appliances are a big pain.
We’re going to assume we don’t need to sell you on the idea of a panini. Who doesn’t love the melty-deliciousness of a pressed sandwich, right? But big appliances are, well, a big pain. You need to lug them out, they can be hard to clean and they take up valuable counter space. This panini attachment is our solution: Simple, compact and super easy to use it gives you the sandwiches you love, minus the mess and hassle you don’t.
- Heats up quickly: Deliver the panini of your dreams in seconds not minutes. (Learn more about our safe, eco-friendly InstaGLO technology here!)
- Easy to clean: Wipe down with a sponge or pop it in the dishwasher.
- Small footprint: Stash it with your coffee, in your bread box or just sit it in the toaster when not in use.
Faster. Smarter. Tastier